Proposed Revisions to Forums Platform
The following is a list of revisions needed to improve the usability of the Cox Community Forum.
- Allow users to delete their own posts and replies.
- Allow images to be copied and pasted into posts and replies.
- Identify the specific forum containing each discussion on the Community home page.
- Identify the last poster on the Community and forums home pages.
- Modify last poster and time since last reply to link to the last reply rather than the discussion.
- Flag discussions on the Community and forums home pages that contain unread posts.
- Correct or eliminate home pages "unread" count. (It currently just duplicates the replies count).
- Create page and first/last page scrolls for Community and forums home page discussions. (Currently, the only way to advance to previous discussions is to repeatedly click "Show More").
- Reduce the time period for locking discussions to avoid replies to years-old posts.
- Eliminate discussions from ‘Related Content’ that are more than 5 years old.
- Modify automatic Sign out to occur only after a specified time since the last activity. (Sign out occurs 60 minutes from Sign in, regardless of activity. An HTTP 401 error sometimes occurs).
- Create an automatic notification On/Off setting for discussions in which a user participated.
- Omit Forum notifications for a user's own posts and replies.
- Correct the Forum notifications issue that sometimes requires clicking 'Sign out' to refresh notifications. ('Sign out' from Notifications only refreshes the screen. The user isn't signed out).
- Correct the issue that sometimes causes replies to disappear when ‘Reply’ is clicked. (The missing reply may reappear after Sign out and Sign in again).
- Revise the process to link to a specific reply. (This currently requires Sign out and Sign in).
- Include all selected boards in the ‘Follows’ section of ‘Follows and Notifications’ in My Settings. (The ‘Internet’ board is omitted when ‘All’ notifications is selected).
- Create a function to change the parent of a user's own reply without changing the time of the reply. (This would be used to correct a reply posted to the wrong parent).
- Allow links to replies in discussions created on the previous Forums platform.
This is a partial list of Forum issues. You may have identified others. The hope is Cox will coordinate with their provider to address issues identified by Forum users.