Your unit is updating, please wait for a moment
I have an Arris TG1682 Panoramic WiFi modem that I rented from cox about a month ago that will not let me connect to the ministrator page to do some work on the settings. I am connected via Ethernet cable and can access the internet just fine, but not the admin page of the router. I am using 192.168.0.1 as the IP of the admin page. The webpage constantly displays "Your unit is updating, please wait for a moment", but will not go past it. I am also receiving intermittent and often WiFi drops.
Here are some steps I have taken so far that have not worked.
- Reboot modem and computer several (20+) times and use multiple browsers (IE, Chrome, Edge)
- Reset my router several times by holding down the reset button for 10, 15, and 30 seconds then rebooting my computer. Once again tried several browsers.
- Made attempts to access 192.168.0.1 using both ethernet and wifi connections.
- Turned off OS firewalls
- Added 192.168.0.1 to trusted websites in Internet and Intranet zones
- Attempted to access 192.168.0.1 from two different computers.
What was successful
- Getting an internet connection and accessing other websites through Ethernet
- Intermittent internet on WiFi
- Getting to the Touchstone status page