Forum Discussion

Not_all_episode
New Contributor

Why aren't all episodes On Demand

My DVR dies last week, and you can not transfer shows to the new DVR (even though chat HELP will tell you differently which is a whole separate issue) 

So to catch up on the 70% full hard drive I lost, I have to watch my shows On Demand. Except not all shows have all episodes On Demand. For example

Jane the Virgin - only has the last few episodes (but whole seasons before)

Lethal Weapon has 1- 9 and 14-18

The list goes on and on.

Can you explain the logic here?

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Andrew_Wees
    Contributor III

the ondemand content is leased from the content provider for a set timeframe not forever.

• But why would they have episodes 1-9 and then 12-18? Missing the middle episodes? This does not make any sense to me, and I have found that on other shows as well. Does Cox actually answer these questions? 

Andrew_Wees
    Contributor III

cox answers seldom in here, they are more active on facebook and twiter

• Hi There,

Broadcast rights govern Network copyrighted content and limit what we can offer in On Demand. Due to agreements with our content partners, some series do come in and out of availability. I imagine that's what happened with the early episodes of Jane the Virgin.

When the On Demand library is missing an episode in the middle of a series, like the example you provided of Lethal Weapon, it is possible that the broadcaster failed to provide the episode, or perhaps there was a technical issue with the files received from the broadcaster. Either way, my team is happy to investigate on your behalf. I've reached out to our On Demand team to find out if episodes 10, 11, 12, and 13 of Lethal Weapon are available.

If there are other shows that are missing episodes in the middle of a season, please provide the name of the show and the episode numbers that are missing.

• Our VOD team let us know that the broadcast network hasn't yet granted us license to include episodes 10-13 of Lethal Weapon in our On Demand library. I'm sorry!