Forum Discussion

Call_Duration_a
New Contributor II

Telephone Call Duration

For about 2.5 years on the monthly statement and through telephone tools online there has been no indication of telephone call duration. Cox must be the only "telecommunications provider" in the world that doesn't provide this information. Those of us who are consultants bill for telephone call duration. Without time, the telephone bill and online tool is pretty useless. 1 year ago I called every month for a year and spoke with supervisor after supervisor who assured me they were working on this. Yet, here it is still not provided. I see other posts requesting this. Why should customers have to repeatedly request a basic service such as telephone call duration? Please let us know if/when this will ever be resolved. Thank you.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    StephanieA
    Former Moderator
    Call Duration and Details,

I reviewed a sample screen shot of our Phone Tools and it shows a column for duration. If you are not seeing this option, please email me at cox.help@cox.com with the account details and a link to this post for review.

Call_Duration_a
    New Contributor II

Thank you for responding.  I have not seen either the duration column, or the column populated for telephone call duration.  About 2.5 years ago there was a column, but it was never populated.  That is when I began monthly telephone calls with various supervisors to fix the issue, all to no avail.  Then, the duration column was removed from my view.  As you requested, I have emailed you directly.  Thank you.

• I have the same complaint and issue.  I've been a customer for about 14 years and the Phone Tools screen has NEVER and does not right now show a column for duration, plus it won't show calls made to 800 toll free numbers in the list either.  Not sure where you are Stephanie, but in Phoenix this does not work.  As said by the original poster, Cox has to be the only communications company in the world that lists phone calls without the duration shown.

StephanieA
    Former Moderator
    Davidoo,

Phone Tools is a company platform and it would only differ from market to market if we are in the process of migrating to new servers. I have not heard of any changes to Phone Tools at this time and all I have to go off of is the screen shot of Phone Tools provided to us to trouble shoot. Since the screen shot shows it should be there, I can escalate the issue to our Phone Team to review and resolve. If you haven't emailed us yet, I suggest emailing the address previously provided to further investigate.

Call_Duration_a
    New Contributor II

Hi Davidoo.  Initially when I began calling Cox about this issue about 2.5 years ago there was a column for duration, but it was never populated.  Interestingly, after calling Cox each month for several months rather than for obtaining a solution, the column was deleted.  Since that time I do not have a column for duration.  It seemed to me at the time as if a "programmer" or tech chose expedience in deleting the column that wasn't populated with duration, rather than in creating a solution.

I am now in email communication with Cox support.  Hopefully, Cox will resolve this. 

Call_Duration_a
    New Contributor II

So after several emails between Cox support and me here is the official response:

"After reviewing the service it appears we don't offer call duration online in this area. Hopefully in the future it will be offered but right now we have not received any updated information that it's available. If it becomes available you will receive notice via bill notification. Let us know if you have any additional questions. Thanks"

Cox does not seem interested in rectifying this issue.  Here are the facts.

• Cox is the only "communications company" in the world that does not provide a basic service such as call duration online or in its bills. 
    • More troubling is that even the hardworking support staff responding to customer issues are given misleading information by Cox.
      • In response to Davidoo Cox support wrote, "...I have not heard of any changes to Phone Tools at this time and all I have to go off of is the screen shot of Phone Tools provided to us to trouble shoot. Since the screen shot shows it should be there...." (emphasis added)
    • Lack of responsiveness by Cox Corporate to major issues such as this, apparently above the pay grade of  support staff, draws into question Cox's commitment for customer service.
      • I feel sorry for the support staff responding to complaints with out of date or incorrect information that is passed on to customers. 
    • There are competitors out there -- wait, every competitor out there -- that provide call duration for its telephone customers at prices competitive to Cox.