Forum Discussion

SALLY_MAE
New Contributor

Telemundo closed caption

I have had issues with the closed captioning for two weeks on Telemundo. Specifically the English CC. I have contacted coX twice. It was temporarily working last week. It is not a problem at my home. Other cc works. I know how the settings are for English cc on the box. It is Cox or a Telemundo issue and nobody seems to be able to fix it.

10 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • SALLY MAE

Just to be clear, you want to see English subtitles on Telemundo, correct? I did take a look myself and I am seeing that in the guide it says that Closed Captioning is available on most programs on Telemundo. I was also able to get English subtitles on Univision, but not on Telemundo. Please respond and verify that it's English subtitles you're looking for and in the meantime I will go ahead and research any known issues.

Stephanie S.
    Cox Forums Support Moderator
  • Ernie McCracken

Thanks for the information!

Stephanie S.
    Cox Forums Support Moderator
    SALLY_MAE
    New Contributor

Yes. I was able to get ENGLISH cc on Telemundo prime time shows. Stopped getting any cc on Telemundo 2 weeks ago. Worked again a few days last week. Not working this week.

SALLY_MAE
    New Contributor

Correct. I can't get English close caption on Telemundo. Regular cc works on other channels. It all started a couple of weeks ago during a thunder storm. Cox went down. When it came back Telemundo said it was temporarily not broadcasting. It took 45 more minutes for Telemundo to start broadcasting. Finally the next week Tekemundo English cc worked for a few days and stopped working since then.

StephanieA
    Former Moderator
    Sally Mae,

Have you checked all CC settings? Sometimes the Spanish will be CC1 and English on CC2 or CC3.

SALLY_MAE
    New Contributor

It was one of the first things I did. I have tried every variation on all 7 boxes I have in my house. All boxes have been reset by Cox. I had two lengthy online charts with support. I gave detailed account of when and how this issue started. I was promised three weeks ago that this was going to go up the line to the better techs. Nothing has happened. Nobody from Cox or Telemundo has fixed this.

Someone sent me a link to the FCC. It is a regulation that the cc work. I don't know if the best way to get Cox and Telemundo to fix this is to make a formal complaint to the FCC.

SALLY_MAE
    New Contributor

English cc is working for the first time in awhile. It is on cc3. Let's hope it continues to work right.

• I'm glad it's working for you now. Please reach out to us if you experience further difficulties.

Thank you,