Forum Discussion

Kitkat362
New Contributor

Problems with Packet loss / Upload Speed

I seem to be having a problem with packet loss in the cox network on the first 3 hops. No issues in the home. I am directly connected to the modem. We have no splitters. 

Here is the latest ping plotter test to google 8.8.8.8 

https://share.pingplotter.com/SgYvVA7Zu3S

I would like to get this fixed asap please we've had this issue before about 6 months ago and it was something on the cox end.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    grymwulf
    Contributor II

Was this on a wired or wireless connection?

This type of test should be run wired, I even get the occasional dropped packet on wifi, and I can only tell because I usually run a continuous ping to my router at the same time I'm testing an internet address (when on wifi) to see if the router dropped the packet too.

Kitkat362
    New Contributor

Things seem to be fine this morning. but I'll post back if it becomes an issue again. Might have just been an over night thing

mkulzak
    New Contributor

I believe I'm having the same issue.. I've been having this problem for the last week.. It always starts at around 8pm pst. It seems to be fine during the day for me as well though. Are you in the phoenix area?

Draize
    New Contributor

I am also having the same issue, my problem occurs after hopping from 'ae57.bar2.Phoenix1.Level3.net' - I actually get a 'No response on host' on the next hop followed by an increase in RTT on the next hop. I am testing WildStar's "icmp.us.ncwest.com" though. This was done through a Wired connection as well - I also have some traceroute logs I've taken the past 2 days to see if it's consistent and would be willing to share them.

grymwulf
    Contributor II

Any hiccups/packet loss after it leaves the Cox network is outside of Cox's control - and you often see on Level3 supposed "packet loss" on traceroutes because Level 3 has ICMP responses set at the lowest possible priority, ie it will get bumped by everything else.