Packet Loss Issues
I've had 3 techs come out to try to fix an issue now, figured I'd try here as well. I seem to be having some severe packet loss about 5 days of the week. During this period of time I'm seeing between 20% - 60% packet loss. The actual line speed seems to be great, but I can't maintain a solid connection. The cox twitter group have said they've seen packet loss and line noise, but the techs never see that when the come out.
One thing I've noticed is that my modem event log is full of "No Ranging Response received" and "RCS Partial Service". There are generally between 3 and 10 entries of this per day. "Corrected" and "Uncorrectables" are also very high on several channels.
Anyway, I'm looking for any help at all. I feel like I've exhausted all my options at this point. Techs don't see the problem and I don't know what else I can do on my end.
What I've tried:
- Rebooting the modem and router several dozen times altogether. There are no splitters in the house.
- Bypassing the router entirely and plugging the modem directly into the computer.
- Run tracerts from two different computers to see if it was a specific computer with the issue.
- Update network card drivers on all computers.
- Update firmware on router.
What Cox has done:
- Replaced the line from the modem to the wall.
- Replaced the line at the tap.
- Moved me to a less crowded tap.
- Test the line speeds and consider everything good.
- Scheduled a "maintenance crew" to come out, but I'm not sure if that ever happened or not.
Three pictures provided. One of the modem power levels. One of a tracert showing 0 line quality (jitter + packetloss) to many different areas of the US. One showing 40% packet loss while trying to stream video.