Forum Discussion

Phosphorous
New Contributor

One channel (CBS 5) Not working. All others work fine.

Over the past few weeks the quality of channel 5 (1005, CBS) has deteriorated. At first just an occasional line and quick audio drop out. Last night it was so scrambled it couldn't be watched. This morning, no signal whatsoever. All other channels work PERFECT.

Cox is sending a tech to look at my signal and equipment, but I find it hard to believe it's an equipment problem that affects only one channel. Does anyone have any experience with this?

FWIW, I have a Tivo Bolt with a cable card.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Glad to hear you have a tech already scheduled.  This could be an issue with signal and could actually only affect one channel as well.  If tech has not arrived yet, more things that can be checked is to ensure power cables are connected directly to a wall source and not a power strip.  Another thing if available would be to swap out any HDMI cables as well.  The tech should be able to address this issue, however if you are in need of any assistance moving forward. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email by at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the full service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Phosphorous
    New Contributor

Tech arrived and sure enough, the problem is outside at the street at the distribution box. He says that channels 2-7 are transmitted separately and there is definitely a problem with the signal at the street for those channels. I never watch 2, 3, 4, 6, or 7 but they did appear fine.

Too bad I had to take a half day off of work.

JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @Phosphorous

Are you still having issues with 5/1005?

Phosphorous
    New Contributor

No, they fixed it at the street.

Sad that I had to lose half a day of work for Cox to find the problem with their equipment at the street.

ReneeG
    Former Moderator
    Hi Phosphorous,

We're glad to hear that it's working. Please let us know should you experience any other issues with CBS.