Forum Discussion

AZMIT
New Contributor

Is Internet down...again in the Gilbert area?

Yesterday I had problems from 10:30am on Sunday to about Noon on Monday.  Looks like it is down again as I lost connection to my remote session from work.  Also, my external monitoring shows that all my home devices...including the modem are off-line (disconnected) and I am unable to reset my modem on the Cox portal.

Come on Cox...get it together.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Tecknowhelp
    Valued Contributor II

Were you looking to troubleshoot or report the issue? Do you have anyone on site to confirm power? I show some planned power maintenance happening in Phoenix and some matching reports of Cox service issues.  FYI This is a user based forum.

estimated restoration time:1/11/2017 2:00 am
    date & time off:1/10/2017 10:00 pm
    cause:Planned outage
    comments:Switching cabinet replacement
    boundary:Indian School Rd. and Central Ave.
    city:Phoenix

AZMIT
    New Contributor

FYI, I am a user.  My account did not show an outage or any maintenance in my area...not Phoenix...Gilbert.  It also did not show an outage the other day when it was down for many hours.  I had to call them twice and conduct two chat sessions before the finally noticed there was an outage.  When I asked them if they have a monitoring system or if they wait for complaints they said...they have a monitoring system, but were not sure whey they did not get an alert until late.  I have the chat conversation sent to me if you want to browse through it :-)

FYI, I have worked in the IT field for quite a long time so that is what has been the most frustrating part...knowing that this should have been more pro-active, yet finding it has not.  Cox has the resources to do it right, yet continues to fail at it.

Tecknowhelp
    Valued Contributor II

If anything, I would think working in the IT field would give you understanding or atleast empathy. I am not disagreeing with anything you are saying, I am wondering if you want to troubleshoot the issue. A "outage" is just any problem that effects enough people for them to take notice. It can be based on call volume, the number of trouble calls scheduled to the field, data from network monitoring tools, reports from the field or planned maintenance. Basically a outage is anything that stops the process of a trouble call from being scheduled. That doesn't negate the effect of troubleshooting though, and possibly isolating what is causing the "outage". If not that, what were you posting here for? It's not like local engineers read public forums and will work faster on the issue. If you were looking for a moderator to look at your account, then I would advise you ask for that directly.

• Hi AZMIT,

So that we can take a closer look at what's happening with your connection, please email our team at cox.help@cox.com. Please include your full name, full address, and a link to this page. We'll get to the bottom of this for you!