Forum Discussion

PeterGr
New Contributor

Internet Tools Access problem JBoss error...

I see other folks are having this problem, none of the cases appear to be resolved.  I have tried different PC (windows7 and 10) based computers.  I have tried multiple browsers (Edge, IE, Firefox, Chrome), uninstalled and reinstalled Java to the latest version.   I still get this error when attempting to access features like data usage and speed test within Internet tools.

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.NullPointerException
	com.cox.chsi.app.Authenticator.checkOnlineBackupActiveRole(Authenticator.java:695)
	com.cox.chsi.app.Authenticator.addRoles(Authenticator.java:513)
	com.cox.chsi.app.Authenticator.getUser(Authenticator.java:388)
	com.cox.chsi.app.Authenticator$Proxy$_$$_WeldClientProxy.getUser(Authenticator$Proxy$_$$_WeldClientProxy.java)
	com.cox.chsi.app.PageRestrictFilter.doFilter(PageRestrictFilter.java:144)
	com.cox.chsi.app.HttpRequestDebugFilter.doFilter(HttpRequestDebugFilter.java:103)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the JBoss Web/7.0.16..Final-redhat-1 logs.

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Angels1958
    New Contributor

Tiffany: The OPs post is what I have been experiencing for the past 5 days attempting to connect to Internet Tools: Speed Test, Data Usage Meter, etc.I am in the OC market. The last time I was able to check my data usage was on August 24. I have tried using multiple browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari. Any update on this continuing error.

SCR
    New Contributor

I am still getting this error message and technical support is not able to assist via Chat.  Is there an update as to when this will be resolved?

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.NullPointerException
    	com.cox.chsi.app.Authenticator.checkOnlineBackupActiveRole(Authenticator.java:695)
    	com.cox.chsi.app.Authenticator.addRoles(Authenticator.java:513)
    	com.cox.chsi.app.Authenticator.getUser(Authenticator.java:388)
    	com.cox.chsi.app.Authenticator$Proxy$_$$_WeldClientProxy.getUser(Authenticator$Proxy$_$$_WeldClientProxy.java)
    	com.cox.chsi.app.PageRestrictFilter.doFilter(PageRestrictFilter.java:144)
    	com.cox.chsi.app.HttpRequestDebugFilter.doFilter(HttpRequestDebugFilter.java:103)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the JBoss Web/7.0.16..Final-redhat-1 logs.

• Since late last week the data meter has been down.

First it said the meter would be down for 2 days

Now this message is present

Cox will be performing scheduled maintenance that will affect the data usage meter throughout the week of 8/29. During this time, the meter may not be updated with the latest usage information for your account. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Why is this taking so long?

What changes ix Cox making? I know you are trying to charge for extra data ------is that what you are changing?

How are we supposed to monitor data? I monitor data so that our family does go over our allotted amount. 

Why is this such a complicated thing - the rest of your site is not down?

Angels1958
    New Contributor

Tiffany: I get the same message posted by SCR and Peter when I attempt to access Check Internet Speed, too, in addition to Data Usage Meter. When I sent an email to Cox.help, they said to change my password, which didn't fix the error. I should have checked here first before doing what Cox.help asked me to do due to the continuing offline nature of Internet Tools. Data Usage Meter has been offline since Aug 24 when the errors first started to appear.

• Hello Everyone,

The maintenance period for this has been completed. You should be able to access everything now. Have a great weekend.

Allan - Cox Support Forums Moderator.

Angels1958
    New Contributor

It is Sunday, September 4 and I continue to have the same error message that the OP had pop up when I attempt to access Internet Tools. I have had this error ever since August 24 (11 days now). Please provide a fix!!!!!!

• No More Cable Bills:

[Copy&Paste the link to view video]

https://www.youtube.com/edit?video_id=wROUdmO-uY8