Forum Discussion

mjohns63
New Contributor

Download Speeds Drop Dramatically At Night Between Certain Hours To Unusable Performance

I have the Cox High Speed Internet Ultimate.  When downloading files, I normally average approx. 2.4 MBPS. Recently, approx. the last 4 days, around 8-9 PM PST every night, my download speeds come to a screeching halt to approx.  41 KBS - 240 KBS. This makes my internet almost unusable at nights. I work from home exclusively and I'm a Web Architect so I need reliable internet. I'm paying $100/mo. for Cox High Speed Internet Ultimate but I'm not getting what I'm paying for! I have talked to Cox Support and of course they want to reset the modem etc. but none of that works. I know a technician is not going to come out at 9 or 10 PM. I'm assuming this is due to Cox needing to split a node? So what do I do? I'm getting extremely close to canceling my internet from Cox since it is not  reliable. and I'm sure others around me will do the same.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • @mjohns63,

That is certainly not the experience we want you to have with us. Please send us an email with your full address so we can help resolve this issue for you.

Thanks,

Allan - Cox Support Forums Moderator.