Forum Discussion

nancyb
New Contributor

Digital mini-box and TV Economy package

I am in Cox's Las Vegas market.

I have been getting cable service directly from a wall outlet (TV connected directly without a cable box).  I have the TV Starter and TV Economy package of channels.

I recently obtained a digital mini-box, and I no longer receive the TV Economy channels.  But I still receive the TV Starter channels.

I reviewed other posts in this forum that discuss this issue which say digital mini-boxes cannot receive the TV Economy channels though this answer appears to relate to other markets and not specifically to Las Vegas.

Does a digital mini-box receive TV Economy channels in the Las Vegas market?

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    chris_c21
    Contributor III

That issue is not market specific actually. The Mini-box is only designed to get the Starter or Essential tiers, and since Economy is a mix of multiple tiers, it won't receive all channels on Economy. You will need an Advanced receiver to get all channels in your Economy package.

nancyb
    New Contributor

Thanks, Chris.  I have an old TV (not flat screen, not HD).  Will an Advanced receiver work with my TV?

chris_c21
    Contributor III

nancyb said:

Thanks, Chris.  I have an old TV (not flat screen, not HD).  Will an Advanced receiver work with my TV?

Yes, you would just hook it up to your TV via the composite cables instead of an HDMI cable.

• Hi Nancy,

As a Cox TV Economy subscriber, didn't you already have a a digital receiver? The mini box is incompatible with the TV Economy tier. It sounds like you might need to swap the mini box for an Advanced TV receiver.
    nancyb
    New Contributor

Yes, that's what I will do. But it would have been good to know a digital mini-box can't receive TV Economy channels before I hooked it up.

• This same thing is happening to us right now. Frustrating that cox doesn't tell their customers the basic much needed information.