Forum Discussion

Old_Jedi
New Contributor III

Caller ID

I had this exactly one time a few months back, then it was taken away.  I read recently where Becky told someone on this forum that the caller ID should be working again.  It isn't for me here in Tucson.  Is it working for anyone?  In Tucson?

11 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Old_Jedi
    New Contributor III

Precisely.  The caller ID should show up onscreen, and it is not.  I do have notifications turned on.

• Hello,

Is the caller id banner showing up at all? If so, is it just an empty banner?

Thanks,

Allan - Cox Support Forums Moderator.

ReneeG
    Former Moderator
    Hi Old Jedi,

Going through the settings menu of your receiver, can you switch the option for Caller ID to off and close out of the menu? Wait about two minutes then switch it back on. This will reset the feature through the box. Place a test call to see if the ID appears on the screen. If this does not help, email the team at cox.help@cox.com with the account details to allow us to investigate this from the back end.

Old_Jedi
    New Contributor III

I don't see any caller ID option in the settings menus.  Can you specify where it should be?  This is the 6-tuner Contour 2 receiver.

ReneeG
    Former Moderator
    Old Jedi,

Use these steps to access the TV Caller ID Settings menu within the Contour service.

1. Press the CONTOUR button on your Cox remote to access the Main Menu.
    2. Press the right or left arrow to highlight the gear icon, then press OK.
    3. Press the up or down arrows to highlight Preferences, then press OK.
    4. Press the up or down arrows to highlight Notifications, then press OK.

Let us know if this works.

Old_Jedi
    New Contributor III

As I said earlier, I already have notifications turned on.  This seems to be what you are telling me to do.  I do not see any specific mention of Caller ID, only that all notifications are turned on.

Old_Jedi
    New Contributor III

This issue is still unresolved. Is someone working on it?  I don't know how to force a software update, but can you try that?

• I am having the same issues and have followed all the steps.  Would like to see this fixed as it worked for a day or two then went off.  Would have been nice during the election cycle for all the robo calls.