Abysmal Upload Speeds
I have already posted this in a thread below and decided to post it in a new thread as to not interfere with the help of the the other customer. I am a Streamer and we have been receiving serious issues with our upload speeds. This problem is near identical to another recent users post. A user that seems to be not too far from us. Also as this user had stated, the issue started directly after a recent outage and we have JUST upgraded to a speed of 300/20. After our upgrade our speeds had been AMAZING, ever since the outage I would seem to have ok speeds here and there but primary my upload has been abysmal. ranging anywhere from 10 up - 2 up.
Cox speed test:
|Fri Jul 15 9:18 PM||Yes||307 Mbps||9 Mbps||19 millisec||126.96.36.199||Atlanta|
(Cox speed test actually read 8 but reported 9. Honestly these tests have never seemed to align with our performance)
(This speed test was as close to the cox speed test server as possible and was performed just before the cox test. I am able to monitor my output from my streaming software and they align more with speedtest.net)
our Download speeds seem to be a bit low and when i called in the agent had informed me that there was some discrepancies with one of our lanes. I am not at all unhappy with the down speed as this is still absolutely more than adequate for me. The up speed on the other hand is a very huge issue. I thought maybe it was on my end but after extensive trouble shooting and a firmware update for my router it would seem this is not the case as far as I can see. This is only confirmed by the fact that others seem to be having the same exact issue. They had scheduled a truck roll which at earliest could arrive by Sunday but I would be pretty PO'd if they got here, nothing was fixed and we were responsible for the charges (especially considering the post I found with the user having the same issue reported 3 techs not fixing the problem.). I'm currently using a Netgear router with the model number: WNDR3700v5 and a modem with: SB6183.
I was concerned about throttling, but after reading countless posts on here i'm fairly certain that is not the case. Though I would be lying if I stated that is was not a lingering concern.
This is probably not very helpful but here is the tracert to where I am streaming:
Tracing route to youtube-ui.l.google.com [188.8.131.52]
over a maximum of 30 hops:
1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms www.routerlogin.com [192.168.1.1]
2 7 ms 8 ms 7 ms 10.5.0.1
3 8 ms 8 ms 8 ms ip72-214-194-117.ga.at.cox.net [184.108.40.206]
4 37 ms 31 ms 33 ms dalsbprj01-ae1.0.rd.dl.cox.net [220.127.116.11]
5 31 ms 31 ms 33 ms 18.104.22.168
6 36 ms 36 ms 38 ms 22.214.171.124
7 37 ms 35 ms 37 ms 126.96.36.199
8 36 ms 36 ms 36 ms dfw06s49-in-f14.1e100.net [188.8.131.52
I would like to ad that I had been a sup for a cable company in Maine for quite some time and am very understanding of network issues and do not want to come off as malicious in the least bit. On the contrary I have been very supportive of Cox and have been delighted with their services. I only hope that this will resolved ASAP as this is quite detrimental to my stream channel. Thanks!
EDIT: I should probably mention that I am always wired in. Never wireless. I have tried tests with both the router and direct into the modem many times. I am seeing no errors in the router log. Of course I have tried unplugging and replugging all wires including co axle.