Forum Discussion

Respect_your_el
New Contributor
5 years ago

Respect your elders!

I have been a Cox customer for over 15 years.  This last month my contract ended.  I was paying 227.00 a month for TV, internet, and phone (which was never used because I do not have a land line phone).  Now my rate is 315.00.  I went to discuss this with a customer service agent at one of Cox's locations.  The best he could do was 210 without all the added fees and taxes (another $47.00).  As I was standing at the counter I hear a new customer get a rate of 129.00.  So you are telling me that a customer who has been with Cox for over 15 years without ever changing is paying between $100- $200 more than a brand new customer.  Cox you have got to do something about your rates!  Two years ago I was paying around 195.00 and now my bill is $315.00.  I also talked to an online chat agent today and I was told that there are no package deals I can use.  Nothing. Just pay!  I canceled my TV services and will be going with another company.  I will be looking into canceling my internet also because, once again, I will be paying 50% more each month than a new customer.  I understand you have to offer promotions to get people to subscribe but if you have an existing customer that has a package ending you should be able to honor the lower rate.  I guess you don't need customers anymore...  Sad!

1 Reply

Karen_R
    Former Moderator
    Hello Respect your elders,

Thank you for reaching out to Cox Forum Support. I understand the frustration when the price increases. We would hate to lose you as a customer. I’d like the opportunity to review your account. We can take a look into your account. Please send an email with this forum link, your full name, and address to cox.help@cox.com. We will reply back once we receive the email. Thanks

Karen
    Cox Forum Support