Forum Discussion

Jinx
New Contributor
5 years ago

Contour box keeps rebooting.

moved my box to other side of room.  The cable was not long enough to reach so I bought a longer one to connect to the wall outlet.  Box kept rebooting because of no signal detected.  So I reattached the shorter one diagonal across the room (trip hazard ) and the box booted fine.  The short cable that works is about 15’ the long the one that doesn’t is 20’ long.  I used both cables on the internet router with no issue, however only the shorter one works with the Contour box.  Do I need to have Cox install a new run and outlet?  If so what does that cost on average?  Other info is that my internet line is dedicated from the outside box while the tv is on a 3way splitter at the outside box.  Much tanks to those who reply!

4 Replies

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hi Jinx, if the issue is related to the Cox equipment or Cox wiring, there is no charge. We do offer a comprehensive protection plan, known as Cox Complete Care, http://bit.ly/2UWHCN8. This offers full home-wiring protection, and it's only $10 per month. If the technician determines the issue not to be related to the Cox equipment or wiring, a $75 fee may be assessed on the account. In this case, as this seems to be an issue with the outlet itself, a one-time charge of $75 would more than likely be applied. -Kevin
    Jinx
    New Contributor

Calling for tech support from Cox to schedule a technician to inspect and review the situation.  I will post the solution later.  Thanks again.

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

Ask the tech if you really need the 3-way splitter in your outside box.  If Cox requires a splitter, perhaps a 2-way would improve the signal.

Jinx
    New Contributor

Spoke with a technician and they will be coming out next week to run 2 new lines for the TV and Internet.  $60 for the install.