Forum Discussion

sdsufan
New Contributor
5 years ago

Warning about switching to new Contour - phone representatives are not educated

I have NEVER posted on a forum group before or complaint sight before.  Please note if you have multiple boxes to switch to Contour that you have to do them all at once.

I CALLED and ASKED the representative SPECIFICALLY if changing one box would affect my older boxes.  I told her we have MANY shows recorded and want to watch them first before switching out our main box and she SAID NO!!!!    We have no service now and all is lost.  Please COX educate your representatives on the phone when we ask - will switching one box affect the others? She should have know this or we would not have proceeded with changing out one of the boxes.  Now we have no service at all.  We pay $280 a month for Cox service and have been a loyal customer for over 25 years.  Truly disappointed. No reply needed to this post. Just hopeful someone at COX reads it and makes sure to educate their staff.  Please. 

2 Replies

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hello, I understand there's no reply needed, but I want to tell you how immensely sorry I am to learn about this experience. 25 years of loyalty is a long time, and this is not the type of experience we want for our customers. This will be shared with our leadership team, and we cherish your genuine feedback. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at cox.help@cox.com, Facebook or Twitter. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
      Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

Hmm...share it with the same leadership responsible for creating the uneducated environment.  It's not the representative's fault for bungling the experience.  It's the fault of leadership...or lack thereof.