Forum Discussion

Andorra
New Contributor
5 years ago

Can the Cox Channel Line-up be changed online? If not, why not?

It would be nice to add or drop packages on line. If there is something we no longer watch, why pay for it?

The last person I talked to on the phone acted like he was half asleep or on drugs or something, so I just hung up.  He was less than helpful.  I started looking on Cox.net and there seems to be no way to edit the packages we pay for...

4 Replies

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hello, we're terribly sorry you had this experience with one of our agents. Here's a copy of your channel lineup, which shows what channels are part of each individual package, http://bit.ly/2I24D90. Additionally, you can also check to see what you're subscribed to through our Cox Connect app, https://bit.ly/2w4fWWF. If you'd like our assistance with changing your current level of service, please feel free to email us at cox.help@cox.com. We can also be reached on Facebook and Twitter as well. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
      ekhawaii
      Contributor

KevinM2, question on you lineup.... I thought I read that Cox now has all HD channels. so a 2/1002 or 21/1021 or even 101/1101 are all the same.  I'm used to the 1000 series numbers, where before, the lower numbers were the SP or lower quality channels.  Is there a reason to retain the duplicate channels, other than legacy guys like me? 

Also, what is the pixel size or your typical HD channel.  Also, for those with older TV's that do not get, say something like 1920 display, do those still get the 1000 series, but just SD or lower quality?  I'm also sure that there are still many independent channels that broadcast at the lower quality...I can tell by the smaller screen or doing old repeat movies and shows.

ekhawaii
      Contributor

KevinM2...still another question about Cox lineup.  I look at my bill, Recent Charges....I see a fee for "Expanded Service" and "Advanced TV Service" what are these in relation to what appears on your channel link categories.

KevinM2
        Former Moderator
        Hi Ekhawaii, Our video format has been dual-mapped so that the HD channels are also set to the SD channel location. We made this change to improve the consumer experience, and it provides our customers' with access to their shows and movies with higher picture quality and shorter, more direct channel numbers. "Expanded TV" is also the "TV Essential" you see on the channel lineup pdf (they're the same). We offer Starter TV (basic), Expanded (Essential), Movie Pak, Variety Pak, etc. In regards to Advanced TV service, we would need to take a closer look at your bill. If you'd like for us to go over your billing services more thoroughly, please email us at Cox.help@cox.com.

The HD pixel size is also the display resolution or display mode, and this can be altered in the Contour 2 settings menu, http://bit.ly/2NTXJJ7. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator