Forum Discussion

JAC95606
New Contributor
5 years ago

PICTURE & SOUND FREEZES

In the past few weeks on specific channels that are showing movies, TV shows, the picture freezes, and sometimes the sound also stops. The channels in question are as follows; USA (1034-34), SYFY (1045-45), TNT (1018-18), ION (1051-51), OXYGEN (1365-365), A&E (1032-32)

These channels are HD & regular channels. When the freezes take place it last between 2-15 seconds. Last night (July 11) on channel 1051, it froze, and lasted more than 30 seconds, then came back on in another frame of the show.

The freezing never happens on regular local channels, eg; 1003-3, 1005-5, 1008-8, 1013-13....SO FAR!

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello.

Are you experiencing this issue on all tvs in the home or just one? If one, please power cycle the cable box and let us know if there is any change.

Thanks,
    Allan
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
    JAC95606
    New Contributor

Hello Allen, I'm experiencing it on just 2 of our TV's (the main set in living room, and the bedroom set).

Allan
      Hello. Please unplug the power from the cable boxes for 2 mins and then plug them back up. Please let us know if that helps. -Allan Cox Support Forums Moderator.
        Ed_Head
        Contributor II

Come on Cox. This is YOUR problem. Video freezes and audio stutters have been happening on MSNBC and CNN the last week, with similar problems occurring in the past (before YOU fixed it.) It is so disheartening to see this happen so much and see the silliness of moderators - '"unplug the power" Work on it and fix it like you've done in the past. It happens on ALL TVs, including minibox, CABLECARD, and cable box. FIX IT NOW!!!

lastpi
    New Contributor

I am getting the same but on all channels on three TVs.  I have rebooted them all it does not help.  COX what about it?

Allan

Hello Lastpi. Please send us an email with your full name, address, and a link to this thread to cox.help@cox.com so we can look into this issue further for you. Thanks. -Allan Cox Support Forums Moderator.