Forum Discussion

shorn71
New Contributor
11 years ago

Altitude channel availability

When is Cox going to carry the Altitude Sports Network Channel? Programming would appeal to many of your viewers. Colorado Avalanche, Denver Nuggets and Denver/Colorado collegiate sports amongst other options. Competitors in area (Century Link, Direct TV, Dish Network) all carry the channel.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Domino
    Valued Contributor III

ASN is a regional sports network. Being such, much of it's pro sports would need to be blacked out everywhere except in the Colorado market area. Cox has no franchises in Colorado, IIRC.

shorn71
    New Contributor

The pro teams listed are shown on a regular basis on Altitude channel in Omaha because they are part of the regional coverage. That is why if you purchase NHL season pass or NBA season pass those teams are blacked out due to being part of the regional coverage. Just another good reason to carry the channel. Tons of Denver fans here in the Omaha area. one reason they may switch to competitor if the channel is available elsewhere.

Domino
    Valued Contributor III

shorn71 said:

The pro teams listed are shown on a regular basis on Altitude channel in Omaha because they are part of the regional coverage. That is why if you purchase NHL season pass or NBA season pass those teams are blacked out due to being part of the regional coverage. Just another good reason to carry the channel. Tons of Denver fans here in the Omaha area. one reason they may switch to competitor if the channel is available elsewhere.

I thought sports fans in Nebraska watched nothing but the Huskers this time of year?

shorn71
    New Contributor

Transplant. Love the Huskers but I need my Avalanche, Rockies, Nuggets, Broncos, Liverpool fix too

ChrisL
    Former Moderator

I can't say I've ever heard of this network.  From the way you desribe it sounds like it might be a regional sports network.  I'll put a channel request in for you.

shorn71
    New Contributor

Thank you. Here is a description of the channel.

Altitude Sports & Entertainment is the official television network of the Denver Nuggets, Colorado Avalanche, Colorado Mammoth and the Colorado Rapids. For the first time ever, fans living in Nuggets, Avalanche, Rapids and Mammoth territory can watch every single regular-season and playoff game of their favorite teams in high definition format and 5.1-channel surround sound (NBA and NHL territory restrictions apply).

In addition, through its partnership with ESPN Syndication and its own broadcast agreements with select conferences, Altitude broadcasts American Athletic football as well as basketball games from the Big XII, American Athletic and RMAC conferences. Altitude carries  local high school football games and regional college basketball games as well as Denver Outlaws Lacrosse, minor league hockey, snow/extreme, and outdoor sports programming.

This channel would have a lot to offer your subscribers and would make a lot of the rocky mountain transplants happy.

Steve Hornbeck