Forum Discussion

ekhawaii
Contributor
5 years ago

New Contour box, when doing series recording, cannot record only at a specific time of the day.

If multiple occurrences of same or similar show appears, the old Motorola DVR would allow you to series record New/ or +repeat on a specific channel or/and at a specific time of the day. That would allow saving one copy a day or allow saving only one version of either a new release or a repeat. Multiple copies now require deleting extra saved files OR doing recording JUST THIS Episode. If show was weekly, the guide does not allow saving next weeks show.  Being able to record at the same time in a series eliminates multiple copies of the same show.

11 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
      ekhawaii
      Contributor

sorry, I have no permission to the above link.  is there a possibility of fixing the series recording to a specific time?

ekhawaii
      Contributor

Thanks for fix of link, However, I do not see my issue addressed.  The last of the 3 links above talks about series programing...but I want to save a show at a specific time and not everytime the show appears (since the show may not have a "New" association on any.)  Example: Kids King Julian appears on multiple days and multiple times.  I only want something recorded at a specific time.  The old DVR did this.  Also, if a time conflict occurs on say NOVA, I may want the record another being re-broadcast at a later time at night.  The only dumb way I see is to series record, then go back to the "scheduled" and cancel the ones I don't want.  There is another problem with this....the Canceled shows now stay displayed on the Scheduled entries, and cannot be removed from the display.....BAD!

ekhawaii
        Contributor

I'm guessing that the only way to record at a specific time is to individually pick the "time to record on the guide" and NOT use the series.  Since many of these shows show up weekly, I end up re setting up the recording every week instead of using series....

• I'm still waiting for a COX concurrence that this "cannot series record at a specific time of day" is really a missing enhancement feature.  I can go to the Guide and select to record a particular time slot show (Just this Show), but when I try to use the series(All episodes) for either New or + repeat episodes, there is no way to identify a specific time that this show would record at.  The old Standalone DVR had this feature.

The only way I find is to select the series record, then go back into the schedule recording and Cancel the unwanted entries....BAD!.  Also, the cancelled entries still stay on the screen...I'm guessing that if you wanted to re-record and need to reset back.

I can always individually identify each new or repeated show using the guide and >> on the remote to jump ahead 1 day.  However, the guide only has about 2wks available.  The series (all episodes) was a great way for future records.

Is this a BUG or something I don't know how to do, or an enhancement that could be added (if enough people complain)?

ekhawaii
      Contributor

Had no response, so I'm questioning this "broken record" repeat issue, any COX person know why the item #4 of above link for Contour 1 does not have TIME for the Contour 2.....any one else out there have this as an issue, apparently nobody has this item.

KevinM2
        Former Moderator
        Hello, I apologize for the lack of response on this issue. I went ahead and submitted this feedback to our team that handles Contour DVR and Guide Enhancements, advising of your interest in being able to choose specific airtime to record or record any time the show is on. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
  • According to COX, this capability does not exist with the DVR 2. 

Is anyone out there using the 6DVR and can see if there is a TIME entry when doing a series record (All episodes)? Old DVR had this.

Cannot believe that COX would eliminate this feature.  You must use the Guide to select a single show and do it at specific time.  Cannot force a series to record all episodes, of a multiple program that is shown in a day, at a specific time....I don't want duplicate shows recorded.