Forum Discussion

kgash
New Contributor II
5 years ago

Volume Control Client

In a previous post I described my system where the HDMI output of the client goes directly to a ViewSonic monitor with the audio portion split off and sent to powered speakers. My previous setups (before Contour) allowed the remote to control the volume directly through the Cox box. I cannot seem to fine a way to do this with the Contour Client box since it seems to want to pair either to a TV or to an AV receiver.

Is it possible to control the volume without pairing?

Thank you,

Ken Gash

3 Replies

CarolLM
    Former Moderator
    Hi there, during the initial set-up you will be asked if you're using an external audio system so that it can be included; however, the Contour 2 remote doesn't allow controlling the volume without it being paired to its receiver. -Thanks, Carol
      kgash
      New Contributor II

Thanks for the disappointing answer.

I pretty much figured out that was the case. Is this something built into the hardware/firmware or can it be flagged as a bug for a number of non-traditional users that can be fixed?

BrianM
        This is something that would have to be in the hardware or firmware. These boxes were not intended to have volume control built into them.

Brian
        Cox Support Forum Moderator