Forum Discussion

kgash
New Contributor II
5 years ago

Shutdown Contour 2 Client.

I recently installed a Contour 2 box and a Contour 2 Client box. The Client box is attached to a ViewSonic video monitor and the audio out is sent to an amplifier. Everything works fine but with this setup I need to power down the Client to regain the use of the monitor for my PC.

The only way (short of unplugging the box) to do this seems to require almost 20 clicks with the remote to get to the Shutdown command. The Cox Motorola receiver I replaced could be shut down with a single click of the remote.

Is there any way to shortcut this process? Can one of the ABCD keys be set to do the shutdown?

Thanks for any help.
Ken Gash

4 Replies

• The Contour 2 receivers are a bit different than our older Motorola receivers in that they do not power down in the traditional way. The closest thing to this (by pressing just buttons) would be the power saver option, but it does not function exactly in the fashion that you are wanting though. It will shut the box off after a period of inactivity, but not right away. The quickest option would be to use the voice remote and say "power down" and a prompt will ask you if you want to power down the box right away.

Brian
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      kgash
      New Contributor II

Thank you Brian. The voice command works like a charm.

Is there a list of useful voice commands available?

BrianM
        I have not seen an official list yet. This link has a few examples of the type of functions that you can do though (make sure to click 'see more examples of voice commands') www.cox.com/.../remote.html

Brian
        Cox Support Forum Moderator