Forum Discussion

Fishn_Dad
New Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Contour 2 "Prime Video" App, "Internet Connection Failure"

All the Apps on the Contour 2 except the newly available "Prime Video" App are working just fine.  The "Prime Video" App returns an "Internet Connect Failure" dialog box, intermittently.  Since the Contour 2  is not directly connected to the internet, there doesn't seem to be any way to diagnose the issue.  I have restarted every piece of hardware in the home network and re-registered the Contour 2, with no resolution.  Interestingly, not all selections on this App fail with this error some will play normally.  I have an Amazon Prime subscription and the "Prime Video" App works fine on all the other devices on which it's installed.

Is anyone else having this problem?

• Hello FishNDad,

There is a known issue with some Contour 2 customers receiving an error message when attempting to play a video using the Amazon Prime Video app. Our video team is working to resolve this issue. I apologize for any inconvenience this is causing and thank you for your patience.

Mary
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
  • Are there any updates on the status of this issue?

17 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    MaryF
    Former Moderator
    Hello FishNDad,

There is a known issue with some Contour 2 customers receiving an error message when attempting to play a video using the Amazon Prime Video app. Our video team is working to resolve this issue. I apologize for any inconvenience this is causing and thank you for your patience.

Mary
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
      PaulC
      New Contributor

Are there any updates on the status of this issue?

coxuser14
    New Contributor II

Yes, I'm having the exact same issue, any updates or has Cox fixed this yet?

MariaL
      Hi Coxuser14,

I apologize that we do not have any updates to provide currently. We are working to resolve this issue.

Maria L.
      Cox Support Forum Moderator
    BrianA
    New Contributor

I just found the Prime app and I'm also having Internet Connection Failure. I tried rebooting the Modem the Contour Box and de-register the Contour so as to re-register it again. I went to Amazon and can watch videos on my tablet so the issue is with the Contour

JonathanJ
      Former Moderator
      @BrianA

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Technicians are still working towards a resolution no ETR thanks for your patience.

Jonathan J
      Cox Moderator
    DeborahS
    New Contributor

Yes. Same scenario and attempted remedies as described by OP

Also, for the 3 selections I've been able to view, the closed captioning (subtitles) menu fails

Beoc
    New Contributor

I am having the exact same issue and when I call Cox, no one acts like they know anything about this.   How do we get an update on what is going on with this Prime Video app?

MariaL
      Hi Beoc,

The issue with Amazon Prime Video has been resolved. Are you getting the “Internet connection error, not able to connect to Prime Video” error message or are you getting a different error message? Please share the error message, if different.

Maria L.
      Cox Support Forum Moderator
        Beoc
        New Contributor

I  rebooted the main client box and tried again to watch a prime video selection (June 5th) ..  still getting the Internet connection error message and nothing will play.   What should I be doing?