Forum Discussion

tomb993
New Contributor
5 years ago

Audio is out of sync on ABC prime time shows

Audio on prime time shows on ABC is out of sync.  Just a little bit, but it's noticeable.  News, day time shows, all seem OK.

19 Replies

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hi Tomb993, how often does this occur or did it only happen for one night? does this happen when watching OnDemand, Live TV or a recorded show? -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
      tomb993
      New Contributor

Hi Kevin!  This has been going on for some time now.  It’s very consistent.  I see it on prime time shows all the time.  I see it on live TV and recorded shows.  I’ll try on demand and let you know.  That will be an interesting test.

Becky
        Hi Tomb993, do you have any audio equipment connected to the cable box? What kind of cable connects the cable box to the TV? Check your digital audio settings. You can sometimes fix audio sync issues by switching to PCM (Pulse-Code Modulation). -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    tomb993
    New Contributor

Hi Becky, Kevin,

I tried OnDemand.  Audio seems fine there.  In summary, this is what I find:

Audio is out of sync for prime time shows only, either live or recorded on my DVR

Audio is fine for non-prime time shows, and is fine for prime time shows when watching OnDemand.

(Thanks for the PCM suggestion, not only have I tried that, but I think the above diagnosis rules out anything on my end).

Thanks,

Tom

MariaL
      Hi tomb993,

It does not appear that you’ve answered Becky’s inquiry about connections. So that we isolate and better troubleshoot this issue please advise of the following:

• Do you have any audio equipment connected to the Contour receiver?
      • What kind of video TV cables are you using to connect the cable box to the TV? HDMI, Component, S-Video or Composite
      • What audio TV cables are you using? HDMI, Optical Digital, Coaxial Digital or Composite (RCA) audio

Maria L.
      Cox Support Forum Moderator
        tomb993
        New Contributor

Thanks Maria,

I thought I answered by stating that the diagnosis ruled out anything on my end.  If it were on my end, it would happen to all shows on ABC, not just prime time shows, and it would happen on all other channels.  As far as I can tell, this completely rules out anything on my end.

But to answer your questions:

The Contour box is connected to a home theater system with an HDMI cable, which connects to the TV with an HDMI cable.  There are no audio specific cables involved, audio goes over HDMI.

I have also tried Becky's suggestion of PCM, but it didn't help, but I wouldn't expect to, the problem is clearly not on my end.

Thanks,

Tom