Forum Discussion

rms59
New Contributor II
5 years ago

Foscam security cameras no longer work with new software update.

I have Foscam R2 security cameras that display video on my Android and Iphone that worked WAN and LAN flawlessly until this morning. Now, with the new software update, the cameras will not show up on either phone on LAN. Wan is no problem as I can see all cameras when away from home but in home they will not connect. I've reset dozens of times to no avail.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    rms59
    New Contributor II

Also, I've downloaded several IP Camera viewers for both Android and Iphone and  none of them work LAN. Cox broke something with this software update and needs to fix it. The old software worked. This one does not. The Cox rep is as baffled as I am,

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hi Rms59, the signal levels on your modem look great and we are not detecting any packet loss at this time. Are you having issues at all connecting any other devices in the home, aside from the Foscam R2 security cameras? If the issue is solely occurring with the Foscam R2, then we would recommend contacting the manufacturer. Have you reset the modem by chance or just the security cameras? We would also recommend power cycling the modem as well. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
      rms59
      New Contributor II

This has nothing to do with packet loss or signal levels as everything was working moments before the Cox software update.on all 6 cameras of various models. Now, they work on WAN but not locally (LAN). I've reset your modem several times and the camera software as well and spent a half hour with one of your support techs who can't figure it out either. I emailed the manufacturer of the camera viewer app (who has sold a million of them) and this was his response... 

Most routers will recognize that a WAN IP (or a hostname) is actually your own and then redirect traffic back into the internal network.
      This is called NAT LOOPBACK, and allows you to enter one address for access both from inside and outside your network.
      1. reboot router (that function might have hung)
      2. check router settings to ensure NAT LOOPBACK is enabled (also try turning off NAT acceleration)
      3. if all fails, get a new router.
      I even tried another IP Camera viewer and it has the same problem. 
      You guys broke something and I don't expect it to get fixed and for that I may end up spending money for a router with better software as security cameras are important to me.
      rms59
      New Contributor II

Also.... I wonder if Cox changed something so its software only supports it's own security systems.