Forum Discussion

dmoran
New Contributor
6 years ago

Contour 2 clients

I've noticed over the past few weeks when I turn any of my clients on, I get a blank screen. If I unplug it and plug it in again, it works great, but the next day when I go to turn it back on, same problem. Haven't noticed any issues with the host. Any thoughts on what could be going on?

3 Replies

• Hi Dmoran,

We can certainly address your concern with what could be causing this problem. If you would, please respond to the following questions.

1. Is the power to the Contour 2 clients plugged into an electrical outlet, a power strip or surge protector?
    2. If plugged into an electrical outlet, is the outlet controlled by a light switch?
    3. If plugged into a surge protector, does it include telephone/DSL network and coaxial connections?

Maria L.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
    dmoran
    New Contributor

They’re both plugged into surge protectors and they do not have phone, network, or coaxial connections.

KevinM2
      Former Moderator
      Hi Dmoran, we're sorry to learn about the issues you're having with our Contour 2 receivers. Here is some additional information on troubleshooting, http://bit.ly/2KCz3D6. We are detecting signal issues with the Client receivers, and signal issues can cause the symptoms you're currently experiencing. We would recommend checking to ensure that all cables are tightly secured and free of damage. Please also unplug the host receiver, wait ten seconds and plug it back in. If you are continuing to have problems, please send us an email at cox.help@cox.com and include a link to this forum thread. Our next course of action would more than likely be sending out a service technician to your home. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator