Forum Discussion

Steve_A
New Contributor III
5 years ago

Cox DVR Blotchiness Like a Streaming Issue

I'm watching the US Open on CBS from the HD channel of my Cox DVR box.      I'm frequently seeing blotchy boxes on the screen as if I'm having a slow streaming issue.    But....I'm not streaming since this is my cable box.    Should have a streaming issue since this is my primary DVR cable box in my house.      

Is this a CBS to Cox issue?     Is this a Cox to my house DVR issue?      is this my DVR having issues?

3 Replies

• Hi Steve,

Was this issue happening only on CBS for the US Open, or is this issue still happening for you while viewing on the DVR receiver? If this issue is still happening, then we may need to take a look to see if this is an isolated issue or something we need to investigate. If you're still seeing this picture quality issue, please email our support at Cox.Help@cox.com with your account information and you may include a link to this forums or include details of what you're seeing now.

Dustin
    Cox Forums Support Moderator
    Steve_A
    New Contributor III

This is not an isolated incident.    I’ve seen this periodically on other broadcasts.    I mentioned it yesterday during the Masters broadcast because it was fairly consistent and since it was on for a few more hours I was looking for feedback from other people.   I’m pretty sure I remember seeing this periodically during NFL football games on CBS last Fall.    Also    I’ve seen this on other TV in the house when viewed via the Cox mini cable box.

Another thing I noticed later in the day.    I also recorded the Masters broadcast on my DVR     I noticed the same issue when replaying the broadcast so it seems the DVR captured the blotchiness   

KevinM2
      Former Moderator
      Hi Steve_A, signal issues can also cause pixelation and tv tiling. Does this solely occur on CBS, or are any other channels impacted? We may have to send out a service technician, to take a look at the signal levels. If you'd like further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at cox.help@cox.com; please include a link to this forum thread. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator