Forum Discussion

asdf138
New Contributor
6 years ago

Contour pixelation

Having issues with the TV picture pixelated randomly. Notice my internet speed goes to the 3mbps to 20mbps for download speed at the same time I have the picture issue. Jitter jumps from 1ms to anywhere from 50 to 300. I subscribe to the 300mbps package. Normally I get 150-200 over WiFi .

Called Cox a few times in the last couple if weeks. They sent out a tech. He went to the street and took some readings. Recommended a new line from the street to my house be installed. That was done five days ago. 

Problems are still happening. Worst part is it's random and affects both TV and internet. I called Cox again this evening and the customer service rep said she had a bad SR reading. I could be mistaken with the name. They are sending a tech out tomorrow. 

I'd like to get this fixed and was wondering if anyone else had this problem and got it solved. Maybe someone has an idea I can pass on to the tech. I don't want to just have the tech give me new boxes to try.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

I had pixelation of some channels a while back.  I notified Cox but I was told later that it wasn't until after other people in my neighborhood complained too that Cox researched and identified a neighborhood line problem.  They repaired it and the pixelation stopped.  If you know your neighbors, ask them if they are having the same issue. 

KevinM2
        Former Moderator

Hi asdf138, we are truly sorry you have to experience these ongoing issues, and our records indicate a technician is going out today to address this further. If you have any questions or concerns about today's appointment, we encourage you to send us an email at cox.help@cox.com, with a link to this forum. We genuinely want to get this resolved for you as quickly as possible. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator