Forum Discussion

T__Owens
New Contributor
6 years ago

Why is the Contour system so slow

I just converted to the Contour 2 system, and it's terrible.  The reaction time of the system to remote commands is terrible.  Sometimes I have to press a button two or three times to get the system to respond.  This happens on all three Contour boxes. The user interface is rediculously slow.

Also, who came up with the blue LED clock no one can read?

This is an upgrade? 

The user interface looks pettier, but performance is terrible.  Someone remind me why I pay $300 a month for this service?

Very disappointed.....

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • T. Owens,

You shouldn't be having any sort of delay with the remote control commands. Please send an email to: cox.help@cox.com and send your full name and address along with a reference to this forums post so I can take a look at the equipment. Thanks!

Stephanie S.
    JAKsTVs
    New Contributor

I have the same problem and am not happy with this service.  80% of the time the call notification function does not work and the Cox help line says they know about the problem but it never seems to get fixed.  The remote control if terrible since it sometimes doesn't function at all even with brand new batteries.  This system is not ready for prime time yet and should be either scrapped and replaced or simply replaced with the old system.

KevinM2
      Former Moderator
      Hi JAKsTVs, this is not the type of experience we want for our loyal, long-time customers. In regards to the TV Caller ID banner displaying on the TV, this has been restored in all markets as of February 11, 2019. We apologize for the issue, this issue had to go through thorough testing at one of our labs, in order for it to be resolved. In regards to the Contour 2 remote, is this issue occurring on one receiver or all receivers? If you'd like, we'd be delighted to ship you a new remote. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator