Forum Discussion

Miffed_User
New Contributor
6 years ago

Why have you deleted names of actors in movie descriptions? We use actors as a memory aid and as a decision criteria if we want to watch the movie.

Names of actors have been removed from movie descriptions.

7 Replies

nan_nan
    New Contributor II

This has been going on for quite a while.  It has nothing to do with your computer.   Resetting anything won't restore the actor's names.  Whomever is setting up the programs is having a little joke.  It is most prevalent on TCM On Demand

KevinM2
      Former Moderator
      Hi Nan Nan, we truly apologize for the frustrations you're having with the On Demand. We are escalating this issue, and have forwarded this information over to the appropriate team to investigate further. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
        BrianM

Our ticket is now showing as resolved, it should now be showing the correct information.

Brian
        Cox Support Forum Moderator

StephanieA
    Former Moderator
    Miffed User,

I understand you have concerns about actors' descriptions in our titles. I want to help. Please confirm the model receiver you have. Also, to which title are you referring and what is the current description?

StephanieA
    Forum Support Moderator
      JamesDH
      New Contributor III

The biographies of all actors, actresses, directors, producers etc. have been completely eliminated from all programming that they appear in. This began to occur approximately three months ago. Then the biographies reappeared for two days, only to disappear permanently since then. The only thing that now shows with each performer's profile is their date of birth and the place of birth, All other information has been deleted with the exception of the limited movies or tv shows they are featured in that are currently available on Cox. Any movies or TV shows that are not included somewhere in the Cox programming are not included in the list of appearances for that performer. This is a portion of the information that used to be provided to Cox customers in their TV services that is now limited or outright removed from their Contour 2 services. The same issue is now the case with information in the Contour 2 home page apps such as the weather app and the stock app. All previously available information contained in those apps has been permanently deleted such as the weather app for up to five different locations that the customer could choose in the app to check weather conditions for those cities. Now, the weather app only provides a limited review of weather for the location of the customer without the ability to select any other city. The stock app no longer allows the news for selected stocks, everything has been eliminated and the only things the app shows is very basic info on a stock price that the customer adds to their selection of stocks and those selections are frozen into the app without updates for the selected stock even when the stock market opens for the day. And those apps no longer stay on the Contour 2 home page. When a customer selects the app, the tv screen reverts back to the previously watched channel. Then, approximately 30 seconds later a black cloudly image shows up on the bottom of the tv screen on the channel being previously watched and the info on either the weather app or stock app shows up with a very sluggish response when scrolling on them. Basically, the apps are now worthless. I've had Cox in-house techs and a supervisor come to my home, they've re-wired all of my services, replaced the Contour 2 box three times, replaced the wireless wifi panoramic router and nothing changed, all of my services continue to be defective, signals continue to be disrupted, Contour 2 box continues to freeze, unexplained spikes in data useage and service tech didn't even show up for the scheduied time yesterday, they called and said they were running 2 hours behind scheduie AND THEY CALLED AFTER MY SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT TIME HAD ELAPSED. I told them I had changed my entire daily scheduie to accomodate the two hour window for the scheduled time and they didn't even show up during the two hour period. I then told them to just forget about coming in two hours because I have other things I have to do. Then, 45 minutes later as I am preparing to leave my home, a different outsourced tech shows up at my home who doesn't have a clue about all the issues going on with my services that have already been escalated to an in-house Cox supervisor. I have literally spent HUNDREDS OF HOURS of my own personal time over the last 20 years, particularly over the last year since I was forced by Cox to upgrade to a newer Panoramic wireless wifi router under the guise of Cox telling me I had to get the latest router if I wanted to use my wireless devices and keep my phone service and that router has caused endless issues, as has the Contour 2 DVR receiver service. While I am paying ever increasing prices for Cox services, I am just fed up with the endless service disruptions and endless hours I have to spend to just to get my services to work that I pay for and the only answer Cox sends me is an apology and an offer to send out another 3rd party outsourced tech to my home who doesn't even fix things correctly. It is just not worth it anymore.

KevinM2
        Former Moderator
        Hi JamesDH, we cannot apologize enough for the ongoing issues you're having with the Contour 2 system. We understand the frustration and anger you must feel, and we want to help work with you to have this resolved as quickly as possible. To get started, would you mind forwarding this feedback to cox.help@cox.com? Any further assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. We genuinely want to help you, and we want you to enjoy the Contour 2 system without any further hassle. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
    nan_nan
    New Contributor II

Hi Stephanie:  I have been complaining about this for several weeks.  Some suggestions are to reset your cable box.  Of course that won't restore the actor's names.  It looks like someome in the programming dept.  is having a little inside joke on us.  but it isn't very funny.