Forum Discussion

SinOjos
New Contributor II
6 years ago

Locking threads clearly points to problems with Cox Support & the Bad Service Overall

Locking threads and telling people that issues must be handled privately shows that Cox has something to hide.

https://forums.cox.com/forum_home/tv_forum/f/tv-forum/22530/customer-loyalty

20+ - 10 years ago Cox was a pleasure to do business with. I used cox in both the home & my business. Over the past 10 years service & support has increasingly worsened.

Due to incompetence and illegal actions on the part of Cox. I am filling a complaint with the Arizona Attorney Generals Office of Consumer Protection. All states have such a department, you can also search state consumer protection laws. The State Attorney General cannot do anything unless consumers file complaints.

Clearly the old guard that started Cox and built Cox, is no longer running the show. Bad service, bad support, both of which used to be excellent. If Cox is going to lock forum posts, to shut up it's PAYING CUSTOMERS with over 20 years, both home and business. Well then it is time to get the Attorney's involved.

Cox must realize that customers with over 20 years of on-time payments. At $150 a month comes out to $36,000. At $300 a month that comes out to $72,000. Those of us that have also had business accounts, which are much more expensive, have paid considerably more. I am currently paying nearly $300 for my home service. I think I deserve to get the download and upload speeds I pay for, along with low latency, and also be able to get competent support when there is an issue with the service.

I am only asking for what Cox advertises. My understanding of consumer protection laws, is that advertising a product and given quantity for a set price, but then delivering less or other than what was advertised after payment is made. Is an infringement upon consumer protection laws.

Over the past couple of years, my service simply continues to get worse. The recent update, now even worse. While support is not helpful, and in some cases outright lie or have an attitude. In most cases are completely ignorant of the plans, pricing, and equipment. When I point out they are incorrect they either get rude, or start lying to me. I have 36 years at the CLI (command line interface). I build custom OS's based on the Linux kernel for computer clusters. I use the same network hardware that Cox uses, Ubiquiti. In many cases I know more about their network than they do.

Sales personal are the worst, many cannot speak English competently, even though they are US born, you get what you pay for. First tier support is only good for a remote reboot, up from there it is a hit or miss.

Support attitude shows that there is internal turmoil. Locking the thread shows that management is attempting damage control. For something they are responsible for causing. Cutting off the head of the messenger does nothing to rectify the problem. 

Management beating up on the paying customers and support personal, is not going to make things better.

Old marketing axiom. It is cheaper to retain current customer than to find new customers.

If Cox thinks I or others are going to continue to pay Cox to be treated poorly. Cox is badly mistaken. It is clear the old guard is gone, and the newly degree'd are running things. Buy them books,  send them to school, what do they learn?

Since Cox locks threads here & customer service is a joke. I will simply start a Cox Forum of my own, with directions on how to file a complaint with your local states attorney general. It is very unfortunate that the bad service has come to this. It is actually depressing to see so many good US companies turn into abusive entities.

Things have simply eroded over the past 2 years with no resolution. My upgrade to the Gigablast plan was a last ditch effort, that has turned into a nightmare. I am reliant upon an internet connection to earn income. If Cox is going to continue to impede my ability to earn income, and keep wasting my valuable time, I have no choice but to go to a different service provider.

I am not an employee, I am self employed, every minute of downtime, and every minute I spend dealing with Cox support, causes me to lose money. Do understand that it is costing me more than what I am paying Cox.

9 Replies

Pam613
    Contributor II

Great response. I have noticed locked threads with the same problems I am having also. 

SinOjos
      New Contributor II

I have just purchased no-cox.com.

A gentlemen who got screwed badly by godaddy.com, started a forum, nodaddy.com. It ended up bringing forth considerable litigation, and forced godaddy.com to comply with consumer protection laws.

godaddy.com was doing the same thing Cox is currently doing. They think if they can hide, intimidate, and abuse affected customers, by censoring their customers. Cox is badly mistaken.

Soon as I post this I am calling Cox support.  Depending on how that goes, I may just get a forum up this weekend. I have a lot on my plate as it is, really do not have time for the next week.

But if I get a negative reaction to my support contact, they might just push me over the edge. I will get it up this weekend.

Those of us that build content delivery clusters for a living have no trouble putting up a forum/website. Facebook censorship will not help you Cox, it will be completely controlled by a private entity. Past experience with nodaddy.com has set a precedent and allows for the general public to publicly disclose their experiences legally, without fear of criminal or civil litigation. As long as it is true.

Doing searches shows me that a very large portion of Cox customers are complaining about the same exact issues, as posted on numerous forum and websites . Unfortunately most are not aware of the services their tax dollars provide. Like the Attorney General.

Think it is time to get the abused customers on the same page and start using the government services their taxes provide.

Pam613
        Contributor II

I guess they'll lock this thread soon.

SinOjos
    New Contributor II

While I was chatting with support, today, disusing what has been transpiring over the past number of days, and months.

Support, could not find the previous upgrade order, even though it showed on my Cox account page, and received numerous emails confirming the order, 2 days ago. I was on the phone with support when the order was made, and support confirmed the order number.

Yet the support individual I was chatting with could not find an order, or any notes, or anything about my half a dozen, and many hours on the phone and chatting with support.

While re-configuring my account, the support individual (Mary Ann), who seemed to have some experience at Cox. Suggested I get the "Complete Care Support" package. Soon as the order went through, a matter of a couple of minutes, email started working. It had not been working for some time. I do not use Cox email, but do click on the link on the account page, to clear out all the spam a few times a year.

If you want support personal that can help you, and you want your email to work. Add the Cox Complete Care Support Package. It is $10 a month. It is the only way you can get anything resolved. It is all about the money.

It appears that Cox has adapted the Amazon AWS business plan. No support even though you pay for products, even if it is their fault. Purchase the monthly support plan, and everything works better, while the paid support personal have access to do things the normal support people cannot do.

It is all about the money. Just how it is nowadays, no support even though you have been paying on time for 20+ years. You have to pay that additional $10 support fee or be left out in the cold.

I really did not want to increase the monthly amount, I pay enough already, but I can now use the services, and now have access to support personal that can actually do something. A real shame that things have gone to this.

Seems that many service providers are now going this route. Would be nice if they were honest about it, and simply from the get go. State if you want support, and access to the services you have paid for, pay the add on $10 support fee, and it will all be good.

Pam613
      Contributor II

It shouldn't be that way. You're paying for the services & if you don't get the services you pay for they should help you with no other charges. So now you're paying an extra $120 plus taxes & fees/year for a service you should get for free

RC80
      New Contributor II

I recently had lost of issues on a basic box activation.  While the Service reps on the phone and chat were mostly nice and professional they were unable to resolve despite what I thought were valid efforts.  They then escalated to the 'back office' and where the ticket was ignored and I could not  get an update.  Finally went to a Cox Communication store where they people there were fantastic and stayed with the issue until resolved.  Highly recommend if possible going to the retail site and avoid the phone / chat for anything beyond very very basic. 

RC80
        New Contributor II

Meant to add that I am a 30+ year Cox customer and do have the same compaint as the initial person who was chat  was  locked.  Should be offered packages and bundles like new customers.  Feel very much taken advanatage of