Forum Discussion

sethm1
Contributor
6 years ago

How to have separate recordings and favorite channels on 2 tv’s

So had to get rid of one box (contour 1 box) and tech ended up replacing both our boxes.  Now have 2 countour 2 boxes. The annoying thing is my wifes stuff on mine and mine on hers. So lets say we both have 15 saved shows. Its super annoying to scroll ALL shows - On my tv I just want to see my stuff. There must be a work around as this is the stupidest software design. Thank god we dont have 4 tv’s!!  The tech did put a filter on mine, but does not help. 

10 Replies

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hi Sethm1, what type of issues are you having with the Contour 2 remote?
    The "A" button cannot be reprogrammed to include favorites, however, one way to access favorites is by pressing the Guide button twice on the remote.

www.cox.com/.../managing-contour-2-saved-favorites.html

Channels cannot be hidden on the Contour 2 system. The Contour 2 DVR system is a whole home networking system. Because of this, the system will not work alongside Contour 1. Meaning, when you upgraded to the Contour 2 system, all of the boxes had to be upgraded to the new platform so the receivers can properly communicate with each other.

www.cox.com/.../dvr.html

We hope that you'll find the two above articles useful.

-Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
      sethm1
      Contributor

Yes, know how to access Favorites thru the guide, yes understood why even though my box was fine that my wifes - which by the way has been replaced 3 times in the last month or so and that many of her shows did not record - had to be replaced and therefore both had to be replaced.  Its hard to fathom that there is no short cut with just simply accessing the Favorites - let alone just MY favorites. Not everyone wants two or more boxes to communicate with eachother.  Sure hope Cox has a better system and box planned for 2019. This one size fits all and craming down our throats, just tells me Cox does not care about its customers. Sorry for the rant.

sethm1
      Contributor

Ones favorites are not the same as anothers. So not sure why they are visible on all boxes.

sethm1
      Contributor

Since we have only 2 boxes in the house and both are host boxes, every thing should be separate. What “lives” on box 1 should stay only on box 1. And same for box 2 - whats on box 2 should only be on box 2.

ColleenD
        Sethm1, Contour 2 boxes are linked in such a way that all content is visible to all boxes and all share the same favorites and recorded content. Content and settings don't "live" on individual boxes in the way previous video platforms have behaved. Take recording as an example. When you set a recording the first available tuner on your networked devices would make the recording. It doesn't necessarily always happen on the host where you set up the recording. -Colleen D., Cox Support Forums Moderator