Forum Discussion

jraeg66
New Contributor
6 years ago

Still cannot record from time I start watching a program!

I saw the thread regarding inability to record programs from the time you start watching on cox contour. Has there been any progress with this? I was just watching a live news program and wanted to record it for my husband, but couldn’t. Very frustrating!!

4 Replies

• Was forced to get rid of the contour 1 box (after our family room went thru 3 boxes in 1 month) cox would only swap for two contour 2 boxes. We were told the contour 2 would be an upgrade.  I think the cox folks are drinking “the” coolade.  I really miss the old boxes.

EricaW
    Former Moderator
    Hi Jraeg66,

I understand your position and feel the same way. Regretfully, there is no update at this time. The Contour service remains unable to record from before the point the button is pressed. It is unfortunate that it is the case, even if you are on the channel well in advance or making the selection. Thank you for sharing your concern. We will pass it on to the Programming team.

-Erica
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
      RC80
      New Contributor II

I just received Contour 2 (upgrading from old boxes),  I had no idea there was this limitation!!  Going backwards is not an upgrade.  Reading the forum I am thinking of changing my mind before I self install and activate 

Rojen2000
    New Contributor

Just so you know, this problem does not exist with Verizon or any other competitor.