Forum Discussion

Brain01
Contributor
6 years ago

When does DVR Scheduling algorithm run?

Yesterday was a perfect storm.  We had the broadcast schedule change multiple times to support the political statements.  The DVR recording schedule was updated, but did not update in time for the final broadcast schedule.  As a result, we missed half of one show and recorded a show that was not on the schedule.  When and how often does DVR Scheduling algorithm run?  Do we have the capability to run it manually?  Thanks in advance for the info!

4 Replies

ChrisL
    Former Moderator
    @Brain01

I'm not quite sure what you're asking is applicable as it is described. If the programming guide gets updated prior to recording the scheduled recording should also update. In some cases where a prior event runs over the allotted time subsequent programming recordings can regrettably be impacted.

-Chris
      Brain01
      Contributor

Chris,

Thank you for the response.  I agree if the programming guide gets updated prior to recording the scheduled recording “should” be updated, but it doesn’t work that way.  It updates at some later time.  I have an example on my current schedule for Jan 22.  It picked up a program on my master schedule that originally was not identified as “New” (I record “New” shows).  This morning the schedule shows the show is a repeat, but the DVR schedule has not updated; it still shows the “non-New” episode from the prior day.  

EricaW
        Former Moderator
        Brain01,

It appears most necessary to set a manual recording from the guide, for any events that are not marked new in advance. You can check the event's status (New or repeat) against the information on this site: www.cox.com/.../tv-listings.cox Please be sure to select your location and the date in question. There is not another course of action we can recommend at this time.

-Erica
        Cox Support Forums Moderator