Forum Discussion

RickCox
New Contributor
6 years ago

Recording NBC Nightly News fails on Fridays

Try setting up a series recording for NBC nightly news and it won't record on Fridays.

Verified that it's not my box nor anything else in my system.  Occurs on all boxes including new one I just got.

Occurring over last year.

Reported problem several times to support who says they will escalate but I never hear back.  I ask them to just try it but they can't.

I would think NBC would care that their service is not set up properly and is not getting the audience but I don't know how to contact them.

To get more convoluted.  If you go to Friday and do a single recording it will record but Thursday won't.  (Go ahead and try it.)

I think the bug is that I can see that Thursday and Friday episodes have same episode number.

If anyone has any ideas about how to pursue further I would appreciate it.

9 Replies

• Hi RickCox, I set up a series recording for "NBC Nightly News" to see if I can replicate this issue. The episode numbers on my Contour 2 Guide appear to be correct. The episode of NBC Nightly News scheduled for Thursday, January 10th is labeled "Ep10", and the episode scheduled for Friday, January 11th is labeled "Ep11". -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      RickCox
      New Contributor

I just went to guide and both Thursday and Friday are EP10.

I am in Phoenix, Az.  (Cave Creek actually).

You mention Contour 2 Guide.  HOW do I find what my guide is?

EricaW
        Former Moderator
        Hi. RickCox,

Your guide is specific to your receiver so we cannot see exactly what you see, but Becky shared with you what is shown in the standard working local guides for Phoenix. It does not appear to be area-wide. The included link however, does not show the episode number, only that the event is considered "New". www.cox.com/.../tv-listings.cox It appears most necessary to manually select the episode from the guide to record it, until the guide updates. I understand the inconvenience.

-Erica
        Cox Support Forums Moderator
      RickCox
      New Contributor

On my guide also Thursday and Friday both show the date of 1/10/19.

I go to following Monday and date is correct as is version is now Ep 14.

RickCox
      New Contributor

Thanks Becky.  Could it be something specific to the Phoenix, Az. guide?  Is there someone from COX in that region that could try it?  I assume you, Becky, are not checking on a Phoenix area guide.

EricaW
        Former Moderator
        RickCox,

Your guide is a Contour 2 guide, per the account information we have on file, from past interactions. It relates to the type of cable receiver/equipment you have at home.

Erica
        Cox Support Forums Moderator