Forum Discussion

TonyofAZ
New Contributor
6 years ago

Setting programs up to record in Contour 2

In our old Rovi system if we attempted to set up more than 2 programs to record in the Guide we'd get an " error message " stipulating one of the programs would have to be deleted to meet the 2 program rule.

In Contour2 I don't see that rule while using the Guide. After the fact you'll see some conflict message in "Recordings" or "Scheduled". The software appears to make the decision for you and you don't get to make the decision.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Tony Olson

2 Replies

• Hi Tony, just like on the Rovi platform, Contour 2 makes recording decisions based on the priority of the recording. Learn how to review and manage scheduled recordings at www.cox.com/.../managing-contour-2-scheduled-recordings.html. I find that accessing the “Series Priority” menu is slightly tricky until you get the hang of it. Press the Contour button on the remote control and navigate to the “Saved” menu. Use the right arrow button to highlight “Scheduled.” Pressing the down arrow automatically puts you into the list of scheduled recordings. Press the up arrow to highlight “View recordings.” Press the right arrow to highlight "Series Priority" and then press OK. Use the up and down arrows to move the scheduled recordings within the priority list, and then press OK. When you’ve ordered the list per your desired priority, use the right arrow to highlight “Confirm” and then press OK. Please let us know if you have any other questions. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      TonyofAZ
      New Contributor

Thanks Becky that will set me on the right path.