Forum Discussion

mitchcraft2
New Contributor
6 years ago

Emergency Broadcast Switches to CSPAN

I complained about this a year ago, and Cox claimed their video engineering team could fix this issue.  Well, here we are, a year later, and still this problem occurs.  Only now, we just get a Cox support screen.  Gee, that's helpful during a weather emergency!  So I guess it's time to fire your video engineering team!  For the love of God, fix this issue!  It's absolutely ridiculous this is still an issue.  I really don't understand why you would risk a major liability lawsuit over this.  You are endangering the public with this feature!  Just leave the station alone.  If you are unable to actually goto the Emergency broadcast channel, then don't do it.  You are only making the problem worse by showing a support screen and disabling the user's ability to watch another channel.

1 Reply

• Hi Mitchcraft2,

It appears that the EAS broadcast is overlapping the CSPAN frequency or there could be an issue with the EAS equipment devised to interrupt the live broadcast with the emergency alert. As indicated previously, whenever the EAS broadcast switches to CSPAN on your set-top box please reach out to us and let us know so we can report it to our video engineers. We offer multiple ways to contact us in the method in which customers prefer besides our Forums website. You can contact us on our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/coxcommunications), our Twitter handle (www.twitter.com/coxhelp) or email at cox.help@cox.com.

Maria L.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator