Forum Discussion

Rufus
New Contributor
13 years ago

Favorite Channels

The Cox remote has a "fav" button for favorites and explains that it is used to scroll through favorite channels that are stored in the "cable converter".   The problem is I can't find any further reference to favorites and I don't know what a cable converter is.  In case they are referring to the cable box, the manual for my cable box has no such information.  Does anybody know something about favorites?

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • when your on a channel you want as your favorite, on your remote there should be a "settings" button..once you hit tha t there should be a list of options where you can add that channel to your favorites...I dont know which remote you have but thats how mine works. I have the URC-8820 MOTO... there is also a way to set is up so when you push the guide button only your favorite channels show up

• It depends on the box you are using if Motorola hit the menu button twice and you can set up favorites list.  If you have a Scientific Atlanta you have to hit setting button then the yellow triange (A) to access the same settings.  Hope that helps

Time2Kill
    New Contributor

Thanks for the info, I was trying to find this myself. 

What I really want is a pre-made subscribed channels list in my favorites like DirecTV has already. Guess I have to set it up myself. This could take quite a bit of time.. Maybe I will just save it and switch to satellite.

• If you follow the steps from TechSavvyGrl  above, it really takes no time at all. My household recently added a new cable box. I was able to set up nearly 45 favorite channels in under 60 seconds.  

Time2Kill
    New Contributor

A friend of mine is a tech for Cox and he showed me a real easy way to sort channels on the guide so only your favorites show up. 

If you click on guide and then hit the Yellow Triangular A button, it gives you these options. I now have my guide set to always default to my fave channels setting. 

Oh and I have the Scientific Atlanta 8240HDC HD DVR.