Forum Discussion

KenKK
Contributor
6 years ago

URC 7820 remote, how to make it work on other TV functions like "Settings, INPUT, MENU, etc."

The best I can do is get this remote to work with volume and channel up/down.   Its a bit useless

if you need to change the INPUT like HDMI for a game box, or the antenna input for a over the air antenna.

I still have to reach for the TV remote.    Would anyone know if this remote can access other functions of a TV?

My TV is a Vizio E370VP

Thanks,

Ken

3 Replies

• Hi KenKK,

Thank you for contacting Cox Communications via Cox forums. The link provided will assist with your inquiry.

www.urcsupport.com/.../

Maria L.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
    KenKK
    Contributor

Hello,  thank for the reply however the unlock feature freeing the remote from the cablebox allowing for channel entry

was the only thing that worked.  I need the MENU, SETTINGS and the LEFT/RIGHT/UP/DOWN arrows to work

for the TV allowing me to change the settings in the TV as for example changing the HDMI input, switching to

the coax antenna input, etc.

Ken

CarolLM
      Former Moderator
      Hi KenKK, to make those changes you'll need to use the remote that came with your television or use the buttons on your television. -Thanks, Carol