Forum Discussion

E6AFret
New Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Mini box shutting down

I have been having problems with mini boxes .  My problem is they keep shutting off .  This is my third box and it has now started shutting off .  I can be watching TV and the Box shuts off , sometimes it shuts off and then the power light starts cycling on and off then starts a reset cycle .  Then some times it just powers off and I have to go disconnect the power and reconnect the power connection to get it to turn back on .  I know it is the mini box because my TV gives me a NO SIGNAL box .  Some times when I turn on the TV I get the no signal box on my TV .  Then I have to disconnect and reconnect power to the mini box to get it to restart .  Like I said this is my third box this summer and they have all done this .  The only difference was my second mini box after a bit finally also lost audio out to the TV .  I know it was the box because I switched inputs to my TV between my mini box and my DVD player and the audio problem stayed with my mini box .  Like I said before now my third mini box is starting to power down .

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi E6AFret, what kind of cord connects your mini box to the TV? Since this issue began, have you tested any other cords? -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      E6AFret
      New Contributor

My box sits in the open on top of my TV Stand.   By its self .  I use an HDMI cable , I have not changed cable but I will now .

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Where are you storing your Mini Box?  It could be an issue with overheating.

If you don't feel it's overheating, it could be a faulty or overloaded power strip...that is, if it's connected to a power strip.  You may only have a few items connected to the strip, but one of the items could be drawing too much current and affecting the other electronics.

E6AFret
      New Contributor

My box sits on top of my TV stand by its self .  I use an HDMI cable to connect to my TV .  Someone suggested changing the cable so I will .

Becky
        Hi E6AFret, please let us know if the box continues to reset itself after you install a different HDMI cord. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator