Forum Discussion

jfrench
New Contributor
6 years ago

HDMI input on Contour box?

My TV has only one HDMI input which my Contour box is connected to. My last cable box had an HDMI input so that I could use my video player. All of it was mounted on a shelf that is hard to access. Why is the HDMI input disabled on the Contour box? Any plans to reactivate it? I am a student and I cannot view the graphics that I need to view without a separate device. Every other box I know of has HDMI throughput. Why would Cox have a "dummy" input port that cannot be utilized? Is there another model cable box that allows thorughput the way every other device does?

Thanks

6 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Unless you purchase a third device as an HDMI switcher, your best bet is the use the other connectors on your TV.  For example, if both your TV and cable box have component connectors, you could free the HDMI for your video player.  Although your video player may have component connections, some protected-movies will be limited to 1080i via component.

Different markets (regions) have different cable boxes.  You'd have to research which boxes in your market support HDMI-In.  Go to the following link, enter your Zip and research only the boxes you need, such as with or without DVR service:

www.cox.com/.../identifying-your-cox-digital-receiver.html

if you don't want to research, call your Cox Store for your needs.

Manufacturers (Cisco, Scientific Atlanta, Arris) make the same box for various providers (Cox, Verizon, Comcast).  The provider determines if HDMI-In will be active or not.  If yours is inactive, it'll stay inactive.

I think you mean HDMI passthrough (Pass-Through).

jtaccone
    New Contributor

i have said the same thing why not let us use it cox please  work on a HDMI passthrough (Pass-Through). for the cox contour 2 boxes 

jtaccone
      New Contributor

could someone please put in a request for this 

jtaccone
        New Contributor

also the hdmi switches are a pain you have to go up to them to change hdmi inputs