Forum Discussion

HawksFan
New Contributor
6 years ago

This channel is temporarily unavailable on Tivo

Hi,

I have been using my TIVO Romio (and mini) for a few years on Cox with no real issues.

Recently (last Saturday) I went to my PAC12 channel and received this message "This channel is temporarily unavailable, Press select to try tuning to this channel again. Contact your cable provider for more information"

The issue extends to several channels, all above 1154. This is not every channel but most of them. This is impacting even my premium channels as well (not HBO on channel 1300 though).

I validated that the channel does work on the cox box that I have elsewhere in the house. I have rebooted both the romio and the mini several times, checked at different times of day to see if that was an issue and so far nothing works.

Hoping there is a solution out there.

5 Replies

• Hi HawksFan, that error message relates to SDV channels and the Tuning Adapter. Unplug the power from the Tuning Adapter. Reseat (unplug, then re-plug) the coax and USB connections from the wall to the tuning adapter and the tuning adapter to TiVo Roamio. Then, plug the power to the Tuning Adapter back in and let the device boot up. Once the LED on the Tuning Adapter is solid, force a connection to the TiVo service and run the Guided Setup. If the LED on the Tuning Adapter doesn't go solid, or after running the Guided Setup you still get the error message on SDV channels, please let us know. We may need to schedule a service call so an on-site technician can check signal levels and ensure the Tuning Adapter is working properly. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      HawksFan
      New Contributor

I have actually already done all that last weekend. I always reboot the tuning adapter with the Tivo device and tried the guided set-up as a last ditch attempt (really wanted my Huskies game lol) but no joy.