Forum Discussion

tedcap
New Contributor
6 years ago

DVR Contour Playback Issues

On playback why do my TV shows stop playing mid way and/or not playback at all by giving me an error message?

I have a Cisco 4742HDC Client and Cisco 9865HDC Host.

I have reset box boxes.

Thanks

Kathy

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    yak
    Contributor III

Kathy ,  I never had my Contour stop playing midway thru a recording.  but I have experienced lots of times where I got a black (blank) screen for 4-5 seconds before the error message "We are experiencing a problem playing back your recording".  No one has ever posted a "fix" for that problem.  I swapped the 9865 DVR for a new box and have rebooted the new DVR many times.  it seems to be one of the quirks of the DVR.  What happens when it won't playback for you at all?  What do you see on the screen?

tedcap
    New Contributor

I receive an error message and it tells me Cox is having technical difficulties and to call the 1-800 number. Obviously i don't because id be spending my entire night calling them

Becky
      Hi Tedcap, there is usually an error number included with each error message. What is the error number displayed when you have playback issues? -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
  • Ted,

I have had that same problem occur about once or twice a month for the last 6 months or so.  It occurrs when I try to playback a show recorded the night before.  The error title is "DVR Network Unavailable" for some reason.  The message says to call an 866 number and reference 2.1.2.7 when calling.  I called today but Cox support had no suggestions.

Becky
      John OC Calif, the 2.1.2.7 error is often resolved by sending a signal to the DVR to refresh the entitlements. Would you like me to send such a signal to your DVR? It will interrupt watching/recording programs for a few moments while the DVR reboots. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
        John_OC_Calif
        New Contributor

I have rebooted the DVR; does a reboot refresh the entitlements?  I only have this problem once or twice a month and do not have a problem today so I see no need for what you suggest.  I have deleted the recorded program that played for 10 minutes before the error occurred from two days ago.  Next time the problem occurs I will make a request for that signal to be sent.