Forum Discussion

luckiecharms
New Contributor
6 years ago

Representative LIED to me on the phone

So when I first moved to Las Vegas about 7 months ago I signed up for internet with Cox. I told the representative that I do not want TV. I don't watch TV. But she said that the regular Flex cable plan comes with the internet for no extra charge. Okay then, fine.

Today my internet was terribly slow and I decided to look at my plan to see what my download speeds were supposed to be. I log into my account and the first thing I see is: Internet $45, Flex TV $20.

WHAT?!? The representative lied to me and I have been paying $20/month for TV. That's $140 I have paid for TV that I do not want, did not ask for, and specifically told her that I do not watch TV.

So, Cox, what are you going to do about that?

2 Replies

• Hi Luckiecharms, the Support Forums are designed to provide a place for Cox customers to obtain help from and offer help to other Cox customers. For specific questions concerning your bill, please email our team at Cox.Help@cox.com. If you wish to cancel Contour Flex TV, you can return your HD cable box to the Cox Solutions Store nearest you. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator

too_cheap_to_bu
      New Contributor II

Don't worry, all cox reps lie. I've ended up with packages that I DO NOT WANT. Such as bigger internet packages, telephone, and movie channels. I've been told that when a package is in place, it can not be rolled back, and I am stuck with it,AND THE HIGHER PRICE, for another year. I was told to either live with it, or completely disconnect ALL services. When I complained about it, the store manager called me stupid, and physically threatened me.