This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Introducing Contour, the new personal video experience

Cox is introducing a new, personal TV experience - Contour. Contour is TV that perfectly fits you, at home and on the go. It includes the new Contour app for iPad with an intuitive interface that serves up content to watch at home or anywhere. On TV you'll experience the Contour guide, that learns the shows you like and recommends new shows you're likely to love. Contour also offers the Record 6 DVR that lets you record up to six shows at one time, and store 1000. Contour is the personalized TV experience you've been waiting for. Learn more at cox.com/contour or stop by a Cox Solutions Store today.

• mkm1998 said:
    Tried out the Contour app last night. Works great on the iPad, but had no success getting the 'push to tv' function to work. I do have a Record 6 tuner, but noticed that the guide on it does not say Contour in the lower left corner as your videos say it should. Is this a feature that hasn't rolled out to San Diego yet?

We actually had some trouble with the push to TV feature at launch time but this should be operating normally as of this afternoon. Sorry for the delay!

However, we are still waiting on a minor software update to change the guide logo to Contour. That doesn't affect functionality, so customers shouldn't be too concerned about it. Wink

wees41 said:
    Are the Record 6 dvr's available for self installs in the Omaha area yet?

Currently Contour equipment is not available for new self-installations in any area. In Oklahoma only, customers with existing Contour (formerly Trio) 2-tuner DVRs may swap them for Record 6 DVRs at a Solutions Store but customers with Rovi equipment or no equipment will still need a professional installation.

• Jeez, you'd think a cable company could have a little more universal rules throughout the different markets. So OK gets to swap their old WHDVR to the Record 6 tuner for free and self-install, but San Diego has to set up an appointment AND pay $ for the professional install?

• mkm1998 said:
    Jeez, you'd think a cable company could have a little more universal rules throughout the different markets. So OK gets to swap their old WHDVR to the Record 6 tuner for free and self-install, but San Diego has to set up an appointment AND pay $ for the professional install?

Just OK for the moment, yes. Then Kansas/Arkansas and Omaha/Iowa on 8/14. (Postponed, no ETA.) I don't have any scheduled dates for launching Contour self-swaps anywhere else yet, but staggered rollouts seem to be a trend now. Hmm

• I currently have the 6 tuner DVR, is there anything I need to do to update to Contour? 

If so does it have any different cost?

• greenmymac said:
    I currently have the 6 tuner DVR, is there anything I need to do to update to Contour? 

If so does it have any different cost?

If you got the Record 6 DVR during the "soft launch" before 8/5, then nothing changes on your account, and you already had all the features except the Contour iPad app.