This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Introducing Contour, the new personal video experience

Cox is introducing a new, personal TV experience - Contour. Contour is TV that perfectly fits you, at home and on the go. It includes the new Contour app for iPad with an intuitive interface that serves up content to watch at home or anywhere. On TV you'll experience the Contour guide, that learns the shows you like and recommends new shows you're likely to love. Contour also offers the Record 6 DVR that lets you record up to six shows at one time, and store 1000. Contour is the personalized TV experience you've been waiting for. Learn more at cox.com/contour or stop by a Cox Solutions Store today.

• Is Cox thinking of adding a feature to watch shows on the DVR through the iPad?

• Will it be possible to use this new Contour service on Motorola equipment, and if not will people be able to rent just one box? I only have 1 TV so whole home was never a interest to me, but a 6 tuner DVR is.

• Stamphead said:
    Is Cox thinking of adding a feature to watch shows on the DVR through the iPad?

Currently the Contour app has a "push to TV" function, but not vice versa. Streaming or syncing from a DVR to an iPad won't be available in 2013. However, it is one of the features being investigated for future releases. Stay tuned, as we will add more and more programming to the Contour experience over time.
    Trikein said:
    Will it be possible to use this new Contour service on Motorola equipment, and if not will people be able to rent just one box? I only have 1 TV so whole home was never a interest to me, but a 6 tuner DVR is.

Many of the advanced features of the Contour app will not be available unless you have the Record 6 DVR that is part of the whole Contour package. Without the Record 6 DVR, the app is similar to the Cox TV Connect app that precedes it.
    However, you can get the Record 6 DVR as a standalone unit. I only have one TV myself, and I've been holding off on upgrading knowing this was coming. Cool

• Tried out the Contour app last night. Works great on the iPad, but had no success getting the 'push to tv' function to work. I do have a Record 6 tuner, but noticed that the guide on it does not say Contour in the lower left corner as your videos say it should. Is this a feature that hasn't rolled out to San Diego yet?

• Are the Record 6 dvr's available for self installs in the Omaha area yet?