Forum Discussion

FWB_customer
New Contributor
6 years ago

DVR records old episodes as if they were new

My previous posts on this subject seemed to have disappeared.  Also there seems to be some other discussion on the same topic.  My DVR tries to record old episodes of shows as "New" if they aren't marked in the guide as either "New" or "Repeat."  I set the DVR to record a series, and to record "New Episodes Only" but I end up with it scheduling several old episodes as well as the new ones.  Specfic example: Ridiculousness - the DVR scheduled 27 old episodes (as well as the new ones) and each of those old episodes are not marked in the guide as either New or Repeat.  I have to go in and cancel each old episode to be recorded.

2 Replies

• Hi FWB, we are aware that a Contour 2 series recording for "new episodes only" will sometimes record episodes that are not marked in the Guide as "new" or "repeat". If the series you are recording airs new episodes on CBS and repeat episodes on USA, for example, you can cut down on the number of repeat episodes recorded by limiting your series recording to CBS ONLY. Does that make sense? If the series you are recording airs all episodes on the same channel, your current procedure is the best workaround we have at this time. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      FWB_customer
      New Contributor

Thanks Becky.  Yes it makes sense about episodes being on other channels and I've seen that also. I like the option it gives to record only on a specific channel and that's good.  I'll stick to my current workaround for now.  Thanks!