Forum Discussion

johnptd
New Contributor II
6 years ago

Unwanted Cox Commercial

Lately I have been getting a short commercial for Cox services interrupting shows that I am watching. This is totally unwanted. Why is this happening and how can this be stopped?

JohnD

3 Replies

• Hi Johnptd,

What you've described is called commercial clipping. It usually happens when local commercials are inserted into predetermined time slots in place of national network ads. While the process should be seamless, occasionally the timing isn’t exactly right. We have a team of folks that specifically investigate and address commercial clipping and work to adjust the ad timing. Whenever you see instances of commercials cutting off or overlapping, feel free to email my team at cox.help@cox.com. Please include this post, your full name, the date and time the clipping occurred, the channel number, a brief description of the commercial, the name of the TV show, and your city and state.

Maria L.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
    NovaNicole
    New Contributor

It's happened to me too. I turn on the TV, turn my back, and when I turn back to the TV, there's that ad. I called about it and was told "We can't do anything about it."

Becky
      Hi NovaNicole, we can report these instances of commercial clipping for you. The next time this happens, email my team at cox.help@cox.com. Include your full name, address, the date and time the clipping occurred, the channel number, and brief descriptions of the commercial that was cut short and the Cox commercial that cut in. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator