Forum Discussion

psheno1
New Contributor
6 years ago

CANNOT CONNECT TO YOUR DIGITAL RECEIVER

Past 9 months I keep getting the subject error message.  I had the box replaced two months ago, and yesterday a tech cam out and installed a 4dB pad on my input saying the low end of the signal was too high.

Less than 24 hour later I had to reboot my main box and also one other I had in my bedroom.  Frustrating.

Also, I noticed that my signal is breaking up on the screens. Digital squares showing up in the picture.

Any ideas?

1 Reply

• Hi Psheno1,

If you notice that your signal is breaking up, your cables might be loose. Check all cables coming from the wall, cable box, splitter, TV, and other devices are finger-tight. Verify the cable is not damaged. Disconnect the power from the cable box by either unplugging the power cord from the outlet or from the back of the cable box. Wait 15-30 seconds. Reconnect the power to the cable box by either plugging the power cord back into the wall outlet or into the back of the cable box. Wait about five minutes for the cable box to reset. When the clock on your cable box activates, the reset is complete. If the problem persists, we can schedule a technician to further investigate.

Maria L.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator